Just as PDC provides a benchmark for instructors, PDC also gives you, the pole dance student a grading system that you can use to asses your own progress and compare it with other dancers from other studios all over the world.
We have called our grading system, the Advancement and Accreditation Program (or AAP for short).
Grading with the AAP provides unbiased, tangible feedback on your pole dancing progress and the book and certificates are great to show off to your friends!
By combining the wisdom and experience of our 1000+ member instructors, the AAP is recognised throughout the fitness pole dance industry and is being used by pole dancers from all over the world who enjoy the challenge and recognition it provides.
“Feeling hugely surprised and emotional for receiving PDC’s Grading Assessor Award 2016. Having received it for my outstanding contribution to the Advancement and Accreditation Programme (AAP) Apparently 1 of 3 to receive this! Amazing day!” Jane
PDC Pole Dance Gradings are the perfect way to chart your pole dancing progression, create new goals and promote pole dancing to your friends and family. PDC Pole Dance Gradings not only recognise your hard work but they also help to acknowledge the efforts of your instructor.
Roughly what do I have to do within a Grading:
- You will demonstrate a safe and effective warm up.
- You will demonstrate 10 core syllabus moves in isolation at the chosen level typically both sides.
- There is 6 levels, 1 being Beginner up to Level 6 Advanced / Elite.
- You will demonstrate a routine that showcases these 10 moves but also additional core exercises where appropriate at that level.
- Finishing by demonstrating a safe and effective cool down appropriate to the workout / examination.
- You will be then be given comprehensive feedback from your Assessor to highlight excellent areas but also areas to potentially add marks and improve.
- Gradings are typically filmed to help you the student understand the feedback but also to show all of your hard work to friends, family etc.
- Grading sheets with your information will then be posted to PDC HQ where your certificate will be applied for. On average 7 working days from Grading your certificate will arrive and be presented to you.
Any other information:
- Buy your AAP membership. Your 1st year membership will cost £30 + Postage (Renewal currently costs £10 per year). Your AAP membership allows you to partake in gradings and gives you one free on-line grading. AAP members also receive regular updates from the PDC as well as special members discounts. Buy from our PDC Approved Instructors and Assessors. Your 1st years AAP memberships includes:
- Official PDC grading record book
- 1 x FREE online grading (worth £15)
- 1 x FREE Core Moves DVD ROM (worth £17)
- £5 off the Core Moves book (col or b&w)
- Plus loads from Member Discounts…
- Pole Dance Grading Costs: 1st on-line grading is free and subsequent on-line gradings cost £15 each. If you wish you have a Certificate of your Achievement please add Postage fee (Aproximately £3)
- Grading Scoring: Your exam will be marked out of 130 and you need to score a minimum of 60 points to pass. If you reach 90 points you earn a merit pass and 115 points will earn you a distinction.
Below are a couple of Gradings per level to help give you an idea of whats expected.